BIOPTRON is clinically tested and certified to fight seasonal affective disorders (SAD). SAD is a type of depression that is associated with some seasons, typically starting in the late autumn and early winter.
SAD is characterized by a combination of symptoms such as:
• Chronic fatigue
• Lowered motivation
• Anhedonia (inability to feel/perceive happiness)
• Increased need of sleep
• Changes in appetite or weight
• Loss of interest in activities you once enjoyed
• Feeling sluggish or agitated
• Difficulty to be focused and concentrated
• Social withdrawal
The exact cause of SAD is unknown, but researchers have found some biological clues related to a disruption of our circadian rhythms. Circadian rhythms are metabolic, physical, mental and behavioural changes that follow a daily cycle. One of the most known is the sleep-wake cycle. Scientists believe that a shortage of light may have a negative effect on our sleep rhythms, because it deregulates the synthesis of key neurotransmitters, such as serotonin and melatonin, as well as the production of Vitamin D.
Use your Bioptron device on a daily basis first thing in the morning while having breakfast, reading the newspaper or working on the computer. Choose the distance depending on the treatment duration:
• 20-40 min. exposure at 20 cm distance or
• 40-60 min. exposure at 30 cm distance or
• 60-120 min. exposure at 40 cm distance.